TMD Publicist Service:
This basically involves writing and sending out press releases on behalf of your band to your fans and to media types such as music editors, radio programmers and concert promoters.
A good music publicist is not cheap. You can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,000 per month or more for an "experienced" music publicist. And most of them have campaigns starting at a four-month minimum.
Often it is your band manager who deals with the publicist on a day to day basis.
Hiring a good publicist can help you get to the next level… even before you have landed a manager.
Randy “Rocket” Cody of The Metal Den has contacts at a national & worldwide level and can reach out to them with ease about the artists he represents.
Rocket is underground metal's top journalist!
So what should you expect from a music publicist once you hire them? You should expect someone who is extremely professional, friendly, a skilled writer, and someone who has a wealth of contacts and a track record for landing media coverage.
With either a 3 or 6 month program, “Rocket” will do the following for your band:
- Write or edit bio with distinct story representative of the client.
- Target all heavy metal media, including: radio, weeklies, dailies, blogs, ezines, freelancers, video and television outlets.
- Solicit metal media for show previews, reviews, interviews and airplay.
- Target personal contacts throughout worldwide metal media.
- Send press releases and kits to media and will continue to follow-up to encourage press coverage.
- If releasing album, to send press release and press kits announcing record release party and information about record to targeted media list.
- Give feedback on publicity photo and connect with photographer if necessary.
You also get a monthly report that details all of the placements, and you will also be provided online links to coverage or hard copies of articles that have been published.
*Program Pricing :
3 months for $825 ($275/month)
or 6 months for $1,200 ($200/month)
*pricing expires as of May 15th, 2009