Thrash metal legends SACRED REICH have signed with Metal Blade Records! They are currently writing material for what will be their sixth album and first since 1996’s Heal. Since their 1985 inception, the band has become one of the most revered 80s thrash bands and have continued to carry the torch with European tours, festival appearances, their first US tour in over 20 years, plus their 2012 Live at Wacken album. Given Sacred Reich’s politically conscious material, today’s divisive climate means the band’s views are more relevant and vital than ever.
Sacred Reich vocalist and bassist Phil Rind comments:
“We are very happy to announce that SACRED REICH have signed with Metal Blade Records and we are writing songs for a new album. Our plan is to go into the studio this summer and have a new record out early next year. We are super excited and can’t wait to share some new music with you!”
Sacred Reich is a Phoenix, Arizona based thrash metal band that formed in 1985. Part of the second wave of thrash along with Testament, Death Angel, Destruction and Dark Angel, Sacred Reich has produced a catalog of politically charged aggressive music that has stood the test of time. The band plays a limited amount of shows each year and can be seen performing at several European festivals each summer.
* Draining You of Life 1985- self-released demo * Ignorance 1987 LP – Metal Blade Records
* Surf Nicaragua 1988 EP – Metal Blade Records – CD version has two live bonus tracks
* Alive at the Dynamo 1989 Live EP – Roadracer Records
* The American Way 1990 LP – Enigma Records
* A Question 1991 EP – Hollywood Records
* Independent 1993 LP – Hollywood Records (Japanese Version includes Fear cover “Let’s Start a War” as a bonus track)
* Heal 1996 LP – Metal Blade Records – (Japanese Version includes Fear cover “Beef Bologna” as a bonus track)
* Still Ignorant: 1987-1997 Live – 1997 Live LP – Metal Blade Records
Source: The Gauntlet