KISS – Looking For World’s Best KISS Tribute Band!
January 7, 2012
KISS By Monster Mini Golf is searching for the ultimate KISS tribute band with its first ever KISS OFF, judged by Kiss’ Tommy Thayer at the Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas. The KISS OFF winner will receive the opportunity to perform at the grand opening event of the KISS By Monster Mini Golf on Thursday, March 15th.
How to enter:
* email us your YouTube video link (or any other video link) and band info to Kiss@monsterminigolf.com. Submissions will be accepted now through January 15th (midnight PST deadline).
* fans and KISS band members will have January 16th – 17th to vote online for their favorite KISS tribute band right here on this site.
* the top four KISS tribute bands will be announced on Wednesday, January 18th at 12 noon and be invited to showcase their talents live in front of a crowd of KISS fans and the band’s own Tommy Thayer.
The KISS OFF ultimate battle of the bands finale will be on Sunday, January 29th at Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, located at 4455 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV . No cover charge for this event. Free for fans!
Besides bragging rights, the KISS OFF winner will:
* perform at the Grand Opening event of KISS By Monster Mini Golf.
* receive a complete set of authentic KISS costumes and boots (Valued at $3,000)
* meet and greet with Tommy Thayer
* appear on KISS By Monster Mini Golf website, social media, publicity and advertising campaigns and collateral materials.
* free Lifetime Pass KISS By Monster Mini Golf for each of the four band members (valued at $1,000)
* free framed 8×10 portrait of choice for KISS fan paper featured in the KISS By Monster Mini Golf Fan Wall (one for each band member, valued at $1,000)
Tribute bands will be judged based on talent, performance, appearance and showmanship. Sound, lights and backline provided for all bands.
KISS By Monster Mini Golf is located across from the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino at the Shoppes at Harmon Square at 4501 Paradise Rd. Las Vegas, NV.
‘Out Of This World’
‘Wall Of Sound’
‘Hell Or Hallelujah’
‘It’s A Long Way Down’
‘Back To The Stone Age’
“I wasn’t interested in making an album unless I was in charge and no one agreed to it half-heartedly,” says the singer and guitarist, taking a break from co-producing the record at Conway Studios in Hollywood. “The band’s all there, all the time, and we cut the tracks all facing each other in the same room. Chemistry and camaraderie, that’s essential. That’s what made Sonic Boom so great, and this album is thunderously better.”
Check out Stanley’s commentary at this location.
Earlier this week KISS’ Paul Stanley and Tommy Thayer, along with producer Greg Collins, filmed a brief video report from the studio where they are recording Monster.
BraveWords.com sources can confirm early reports indicate that KISS and MÖTLEY CRÜE will join forces for an extensive tour in fall 2012. It’s expected that Mötley Crüe will support KISS on this trek, in support of their forthcoming studio album, Monster. Stay tuned for complete details.